bs-preloader__icon
ru kz en

Proper management of employee health reduces their incidence by 40-50%

According to international studies, a properly organized employee health management reduces their incidence by 40-50%, the number of days of disability by 20%, increases the detectability of chronic diseases by 10-15%, and reduces the average period of temporary disability by almost a third, reports forinsurer.com.
Proper management of employee health reduces their incidence by 40-50%

According to the British insurance company Bupa, the productivity of healthy people is 20% higher, and this allows their employers to earn extra income.

The work schedule of most office workers is less fixed than that of production workers. This leads to the fact that diseases develop literally at the desktop. In addition, in most Russian companies, visiting a doctor or sports activities are possible only during off-hours. But it is important for the employer to remember that health of employees directly affects not only their productivity, but also the success of the company as a whole, insurers say.

Insurers came to the conclusion that only every 5th manager was ready to grant his employees with an additional daily 30-minute break for recovery: a healthy snack, recreation room, and walks.

Insurers interviewed senior staff and found that only 20% of managers are not against giving employees half an hour of working time per day for health care, provided that all work tasks are completed on time. Another 50% of respondents believe that employees should “revitalize” in their free time, 17% are ready to give “some time”, but not more than an hour a week. The remaining 13% are confident that this can be done at lunchtime. On the other hand, 87% of employees consider an employer to be responsible for their own health and physical activity in the workplace.

Thus, the management of heavy equipment industry and mining complex enterprises considers itself responsible for the employee health in 77% of cases, 20% companies agree with this partially, in particular, they consider it necessary to provide employees with protective clothing, protect against accidents and industrial injuries. And only 3% believe that the health of staff is up to them.

The medical service has been preserved or re-established at 59% of enterprises. Prevention programs for cardiovascular diseases are present in 50% of enterprises, 39% of enterprises have employee information programs about threats, methods of preventing and reducing risk factors, and 82% of companies have free preventive medical examinations.

Source: https://forinsurer.com/news/19/02/20/36599

Photos are from open sources.

Share
read also
Halyk-Life and Kazkommerts-Life announce readjustment
Halyk-Life and Kazkommerts-Life announce readjustment

The decision to issue a permit for readjustment of Kazkommerts-Life JSC in the form o...

National Bank of Kazakhstan: it is necessary to develop interest in life insurance
National Bank of Kazakhstan: it is necessary to develop interest in life insurance

The National Bank of Kazakhstan sees the potential in the development of unit-linked ...

The demand for cash-value life insurance will grow
The demand for cash-value life insurance will grow

According to the projections of experts, a big success of such product as cash-value ...

The most interesting materials of the site you have in the mail! Subscribe to the newsletter.

ASK A QUESTION TO THE EXPERT
ASK A QUESTION TO THE EXPERT
Submit your application